The Institute of Directors (IoD)
Aberdeen branch is organising a business event at which established business leaders will pass on their skills and experience in a series of masterclass sessions.
The ‘Sharing the Secrets of Success
’ event on Tuesday, September 16 will follow the format of the inaugural masterclass event held last year.Patrick Machray leads one of the masterclass sessions at last year’s IoD event
Commenting on the event, Mike Bowyer, chairman of IoD Aberdeen said:
“The feedback from last year’s masterclass was extremely positive and we aim to build on that success with another impressive line-up of business leaders who will share some of the lessons they have learned.
“Leading the masterclasses we have five exceptional business leaders who have achieved outstanding success and recognition in their own particular fields.
“As an organisation, the IoD is focused on supporting directors and providing them with relevant learning and development opportunities . The ‘Sharing the Secrets of Success’ events are about inspiring current and future generations of business leaders.”
The five business leaders taking part will each be focusing on specific business themes:
- Peter Bruce, CEO of Entier "Succeeding through people”.
- Edel Harris, CEO of Cornerstone “The Importance of Vision and Values”.
- Michael Urquhart, Managing Director of Gordon & MacPhail: "Taking a long-term view”.
- Robin Watson, Group Director at Wood Group PSN: "Sustaining growth in a turbulent business environment”.
- Michael Willis, Author and Head of Board Develoment, IoD Scotland: will highlight the responsibilities and liabilities associated with being a director in his masterclass entitled "Are you sure you want to be a director?”.
The ‘Sharing the Secrets of Success’ Masterclass is a half-day event at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, starting with breakfast between 7.30 and 8.30 am and concluding with a networking lunch between 1pm and 2pm.
Delegates will each take part in two of the five masterclass sessions, followed by an open session chaired by Tom Smith, former chairman of ACSEF and IoD Aberdeen.
Sharing the Secrets of Success if open to members and non-members. Registrations are now open and places can been booked at www.iodscotland.com/aberdeen
, or by calling IoD Scotland on 0131 557 5488.
Until August 15, the registration fee is £99 ex VAT, thereafter registration will be £130 ex VAT.